Mine Olde Mind


I am officially obsessed with sheep.
I want to raise sheep, in the hills of southern TN, in the middle of the perfect plot of land. Not to mention the house I have designed to be totally self sustainable. (i.e. no electricity, etc.)
So why am I so obsessed with sheep? Good question really. I guess it all started when I became really interested in textile arts; particularly spinning. Since wool is easy to spin, my obsession progressed from there.
From easy "lambing" to over 3 different uses sheep are full of wonderful surprises. Meat, if it suits your taste, wool every year, and milk for cheese making! How can one imagine all that packed into a fluffy adorable bundle?
Another reason I love sheep is because we (yes, humans) are like sheep. We can be dumb, we can be scared, we can be ornery at times, and difficult to keep "in line". But luckily also like sheep, we have a shepherd. One who knows us, knows our habits-good, bad, and ugly. He looks after us and seeks us out when we stray from the path.
"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want, He leadeth me lie down in green pastures, and leadeth me beside still waters, He restoreth my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. You preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies, you anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever."
Ps. 23
The Lord is our shepherd.

Categories: ,

Leave a Reply